Friday, April 13, 2018

Teana Muldrow Drafted, Bria Holmes Traded in WNBA

One WVU Women’s Basketball star is on the move, while another is moving up.

The WNBA Draft took place on Thursday night, and F Teana Muldrow had her named called 29th overall by the Seattle Storm. As a senior, Muldrow led the Mountaineers in scoring at 18.9 points and rebounds with 8.7 per contest.

“I’m so thankful for this opportunity,” Muldrow said. “I want to thank my WVU coaching staff, my teammates and Mountaineer nation for a great five years here. I think my time here truly prepared me to take the next step in my career, on and off the court. I would also like to thank coach Dan Hughes and the Seattle Storm organization for giving me the opportunity to continue pursuing my dream.”

This is the third straight year a Mountaineer was selected in the WNBA Draft.

Another recent draftee, Bria Holmes, is going home. Not to Morgantown, but to New Haven, Connecticut. The Atlanta Dream traded Holmes to the Connecticut Sun where she will play in front of friends and family. She grew up in that area, and was reportedly “doing cartwheels” after she heard the announcement.

The Dream drafted Holmes with the 11th pick in the first round in 2016.

However, the Sun will have to wait to see Holmes on the court. She will miss the 2018 season as she is pregnant with her first child.



from WVUPros https://ift.tt/2viA5we
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment