Saturday, February 1, 2014

Joe Alexander plays first game in two years

  
   Joe Alexander can identify with the Grateful Dead. "What a long, strange trip it's been" indeed.
   On Friday night, Alexander took to the court for the first time, anywhere, in two years. The trip back from a lengthy leg injury ended last night when he put on a Santa Cruz Warriors D-League jersey. He had surgery on his left leg about a year ago, and had a rod placed in his shin.
   The Warriors fell to the visiting Reno Bighorns 100-96 despite the energy Alexander brought to the court. He played at total of 15 minutes after coming into the game late in the first quarter. He finished with a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds.
   After the game, a happy Alexander was grateful to be able to play the game he loves professionally once again.
   "Incredible. Incredible. I don't know how to explain it," Alexander said. "It's been like hell, basically. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to play again when I came back. So it's good to get my first basket and be a little bit productive.
   "I shot the ball pretty bad, but that's going to happen," Alexander said of going 3 for 9 shooting. "My feet felt good. My legs felt good. I rebounded the ball well. The game felt slow, so to me, not too rusty."
   Alexander and the Warriors return to the court on Saturday night to face the Bakersfield Jam.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment